Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm so proud of my daughter



Sariah continues to amaze me! This is her 3rd year in oral language fair. Now, this is serious stuff for the school district. Sariah and 9 others from her class were picked to be part of the competition. They memorize a 3 minute poem along with hand movements. It has to be perfect. Many hours of practice.Well, Sariah and her class made it to the semi finals! The semi finals take place this Tue. You may remember her going all the way to the finals in kindergarten and winning a gold medal. She amazes me with her courage and determination. She has to wake up early most mornings to be at school 1 HOUR EARLY. She also misses fun Fridays at school. She is so excited to compete! Give her a call this weekend to wish her luck!

Ok, more stuff to brag about...I was reading over one of her literature exams, and I broke into tears. As a parent you pray and hope your child will love themselves and know their self worth. I feel so grateful after reading this.

Here's the question-

Have you ever wished you could change your appearance? What would you have done?

Sariah's answer-

No!!!Because I like the way I am and the way I look.


I like the exclamation marks too! I love you Sariah! Maybe Eric and I are doing something right!?

2 comments:

Grandma Tina said...

Congratulations Sariah! Grandpa and I are very proud of you! I know it's alot of work, but we know you can win another medal. We wish we could be there. Love you lots!

Kelly Tillotson said...

You Go Girl! Wow! Super cute AND smart?!! I sure am lucky to be your aunt!