Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New President, a victory for our Marcus/Prop8

Hooray!!!! It's looking good for prop 8. I'm so grateful that marriage is once again saved. I'm so proud to have been apart of this historic campaign to keep marriage sacred. It shows that there are still many Calif. who understand the importance of marriage and what it means. I'm proud of our church for taking a stand for righteousness and getting involved quickly and efficiently. It was a wonderful journey... All my friends and family out here put their shoulder to the wheel and spent many many hours, sacrificed their time and money for this important cause. We took many beatings, but never gave up. I thank our Father in Heaven!!!

Obama President...Although I'm disappointed that McCain lost, it's still a historic day. His victory shows the American dream..Our country has come so far. Having an African American son makes me grateful that racial barriers are coming down.I see his sweet loving face and wonder why and how people can judge a person by the color of their skin. Can you see Marcus George Tillotson President? Eric and I can!

2 comments:

Paul and Hilari Howard-- said...

Your post made me cry. I am so proud of all of you in California for you faith and sacrifice for prop 8. We were fighting the same fight here in AZ but with not so much opposition. I feel the same way about Obama and hope that he proves to be an amazing president.
Love Ya,
Hilari

Tillo's said...

Thanks Hil! I was so happy when I heard AZ and FL won the fight. I'm so glad it's over for now, it was so crazy here. It was great to be apart of this! I HOPE Obama becomes a great leader too.

Love ya too!